The Humphrey Fellowship Programme, a Fulbright Exchange, builds connections between U.S. and foreign leaders to advance solutions to the most pressing global challenges, from combatting climate change to protecting human rights, increasing access to education, and building global health security.
- Professional Affiliation: A core component of the Humphrey Fellowship Programme is a six-week Professional Affiliation (PA) experience that allows Fellows to collaborate with U.S.-based organizations, share best practices and knowledge with U.S. professionals, and apply their classroom learning to real-world settings. Humphrey Fellows serve an essential role at U.S. organizations while forming connections and impact that last long beyond their Fellowship year.
- Humphrey Seminar: The Humphrey Seminar is a required course where Humphrey Fellows develop their individual programme goals and plan. It focuses on broad programmatic objectives, including an increased understanding of U.S. society and culture, professional networking, and leadership development.
- Global Leadership Forum: The Global Leadership Forum provides an opportunity for all Humphrey Fellows to participate in activities that enhance their leadership and professional skills; develop their understanding of social, cultural, and political processes and institutions; foster cross-sector collaboration between the cohort; and leverage the resources and networks available to them in our nation’s capital.
- Professional Development: The Humphrey Fellowship provides development opportunities to contribute to Humphrey Fellows’ professional growth and help them build partnerships that can take their work to the next level.
- Academic Enrichment: Humphrey Fellows are placed in cohorts at one of 13 Humphrey host universities based on the host university’s impact areas and the Fellows’ professional expertise. Humphrey Fellows partake in an educational experience where they learn from renowned faculty without the expectation of meeting specific degree or diploma requirements.
About Hubert H.Humphery Fellowship Program
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or the private sector.
The Humphrey Program fosters a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the United States and the Fellows’ home countries. The Program offers Fellows valuable opportunities for leadership development and professional engagement with Americans and their coun… read more
Aim and Benefits of HHF Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme
The Humphrey Fellowship Programme is a Fulbright exchange activity funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education.
The Fellowship includes:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance
- A one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events)
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences
Requirements for HHF Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme Qualification
- Be a citizen of an eligible country.
- Have an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree.
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service in the community.
- Limited experience in the United States.
- Demonstrated English language ability.
Checkout: How To Write A Scholarship Essay – Scholarship Essay Examples
Documents Required for Application
- Complete answers to all questions; essay responses in English must thoroughly address the prompt.
- Two letters of reference in English; one must be from the applicant’s current employer.
- Official transcripts in English: Ensure all transcripts uploaded by the applicant are official, valid documents. Transcripts must list courses taken and grades received. Diplomas need only be uploaded if the transcript does not show proof that the degree was obtained.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants must apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in their country.
- Application deadlines vary by country.
- The nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications. U.S. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education in Washington, D.C., by early October.
For more details,visit Humphrey Fellowship website
One thought on “Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme 2023”
I will be glad If scholarship is granted.